quarta-feira, 16 de abril de 2014

9 graders - Conditionals 1, 2 and 3

Type I – Probable situation

If + Present Simple + Future “will” + Infinitive
or
Future “will” + Infinitive + If + Present Simple 

Examples:

If I study, I’ll pass my exam.


I won’t go to the beach if it rains.


Type II – Improbable situations, give advices.


If + Past Simple + Conditional “would” + Infinitive
or
Conditional “ Would” + infinitive + if + Past Simple 



Examples: 

If I were you, I would go to the dentist. 
I wouldn’t speak to them again if I were you.

Type III – express regret to something you have done; impossible, imaginary situations.


If + Past Perfect + would + have + Past participle
or
Would + have + past participle + if + past perfect


Examples:

If I had studied harder, I wouldn’t have failed the exam.
I wouldn’t have had a car accident if I had paid attention.

Sem comentários: